This medication treats male patterned baldness and is used only by men. It is known to reduce hair loss which occurs on the middle of the scalp and crown. It reduces the amount of DHT (dihydrotestetosterone) that is produced by the body. The reduction in this hormone enhances the hair growth while preventing hair loss simultaneously. It doesn’t affect the overall growth of hair on any part of your body. But it is important to consult with your doctor to know the benefits of this medication.
Use the prescription that you have got from your doctor. Don’t use this type of medication in higher or lower dosage than instructed. You should take this medication orally. 1 mg is the recommended dosage and it should be taken once in a day. To see visible results, it may take around 3 months for the consumption of Generic Propecia. In case you stop taking this medication, the results may be reversed within a year. If you forget taking the dose, you should take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if your next dose is due. Don’t take two doses in a day. Consult with your doctor in case of overdose.
Some of the most common side effects are –
- Increased sweating
- Change in skin temperature
- Reduced libido
- Lightheadedness, especially when you stand up from seated position
With this medication, here are some of the less common side effects –
- Inflamed skin
- Soreness and swelling of busts
- Puffiness on body, face, or limbs
- Changes in weight
- Skin irritation
- Unusual feelings in your limbs
- Symptoms like cold
Call your physician quickly if you experience any of such side effects.
- Propecia is not for children and women. Skin can absorb this medication and it shouldn’t be used by children or women.
- This medication is dangerous for pregnant women as it can cause birth defects. When come in contact, woman should wash her hands properly.
- If you are allergic to dutasteride or finasteride, don’t take this medication.
- If you have history of kidney, bladder or liver disease, contact the physician.
- If you are suffering from prostate cancer, don’t consume this medication as it may also increase the risk.
- If you have experienced any functional or physical changes in busts, contact the doctor as it may be the symptom of breast cancer.
- If you have noticed any functional or physical changes to your genitals, inform your physician.
- This medication may alter the lab test results which are done to diagnose prostate cancer. Inform the lab technician and doctor that you are taking this medication before getting the tests done.
- Inform your doctor about any medication or herbal supplement you are prescribed before taking it.